The Bottom Line
Brinkmann has gone out of business. See Home Depot for support for this model. For a list of comparable products, see my list of the Best Gas Grills under $250.
What do you say about an amazingly ordinary gas grill? This 4-burner grill with side burner is bright red. That is about all there is to make it stand out, but then, sitting on the floor of a Home Depot, all it has to do it stand out more than the grill sitting next to it.
Limited in quality, weight, performance, and construction this grill would have to work its way up to being mediocre. The heat output is almost good enough, but the light weight body and parts won't hold the heat making it uneven and slow to warm up.
- Large and inexpensive grill
- Low-quality materials, including burners
- Lightweight construction
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 513 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 650 square inches
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Piezoelectric igniter on knobs
- 400 series stainless steel, cast aluminum and painted sheet metal construction
- Cover, rotisserie kit, and propane tank sold separately
- Manufactured by The Brinkmann Corporation in China and sold exclusively through Home Depot Stores
Guide Review - Brinkmann 4-Burner Propane Red Model# 810-1456-S
Honestly, I have already said all there is to say about this grill. It is simple, but brightly colored. The heat output is okay, and the porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates can try to give good grill marks, but the poor construction makes this a less than mediocre product.
Fortunately, it isn't the only poor quality grill sitting on the floor of Home Depot. At the price (around $200USD) people will buy this grill and for a season or maybe even two it will seem almost good enough, what some call a "good deal" or a "bargain product".
My recommendation is to look for something similarly priced but small and more basic (fewer burners and perhaps no side burner). Also, avoid anything in this price range with stainless steel.