This is a good, sweet brisket rub that you requires little prep time. Of course, fell free to adjust the heat by using a hot or mild chili powder. This is one of my favorites and I guarantee it will become one of yours too.
- 1/2 cup/120 mL brown sugar
- 1/3 cup/80 mL salt (sea or kosher)
- 1/3 cup/80 mL paprika
- 1/3 cup/80 mL chili powder (choose a hot or mild powder depending on your tastes)
1. Mix ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Firmly pack rub evenly onto brisket 30-40 minutes before smoking. Wrap in plastic wrap or place in a large plastic bag and let sit at room temperature.
3. This rub can be stored in an air tight container for several days, but after a week or two the brown sugar will start to crystallize.