Broccoli and cottage cheese make this cornbread super moist, delicious and nutritious.
My sister-in-law gave me her Mississippi version of the popular broccoli cornbread. It's very easy to make with a Jiffy corn muffin mix.
It's an excellent bread to take along to a potluck or for a tailgating event. It goes well with beans, chili, and greens.
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix, or similar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 sticks melted butter or margarine (6 ounces)
- 1 pkg. (10 oz) chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- Heat the oven to 375° F (190° C/Gas 5). Grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan
- Combine the corn muffin mixes in a bowl with the beaten eggs and melted butter. Mix well. Stir in the drained broccoli, chopped onion, and cottage cheese.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until lightly browned.
You Might Also Like