The Bottom Line
If you are serious about grilling and want a grill that delivers both high, even heat and gives you a lot of control then this is a great grill for you. It might not look modern but Broil King has been making great grills for years. This model will give you plenty of space at 300 square inches or primary cooking area and a total of 500 square inches.
- High even heat output from 40,000 BTUs
- Linear flow control values give you great control
- Multi-layer and reversible cooking grids
- Thin cast aluminum body
- One dual zone 40,000 BTU "8"-shaped stainless steel burner
- 400 square inches of primary cooking area for a total grilling space of 635 square inches
- 40,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Three multi-level porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Stainless steel "Flav-R-Wave" vaporization barrier
- Linear control valves provide a high level of burner control
- Built-in thermometer
- Piezoelectric rotary ignition
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Sold either propane or natural gas - cannot be converted
- Made in Canada
Guide Review - Broil King Crown 20 Gas Grill
Not the most modern looking of grills but with the high heat capability of this grill and the wide range of heat control that the linear flow valves give you this grill is great at grilling. The heavy cast iron cooking grate and stainless steel vaporization barrier are built to last and the durable construction and high quality stainless steel dual burner will make this grill last a long time.
At 44,000 BTUs this grill has a lot of power for it's 300 square inches of primary cooking area.
This grill has the same grilling characteristics of the more expensive Broil King grills but without all the accessories. If you are looking for a basic grill that will last and provide great grilling then you really should look at this model.
Cast aluminum body with stainless steel cover over the lid. Standard cart configuration.