The Bottom Line
The Broil King Imperial 590 Gas Grill is a large, full feature grill with many high-quality components. This grill is a combination of stainless steel, steel sheet metal and cast aluminum hood caps. This makes for a very large, powerful grill that still has all the great cooking technology that makes Broil King one of the best grills on the market. The 5 dual tube burners give you a high, even heat and the linear flow control values let you produce precise temperatures.
This grill also features a full rotisserie system and a side burner so you get all the features you need.
- Good quality construction
- Even heating
- Linear flow control values give you great control
- Very large, full feature grill
- Heavy stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Low power side burner
- Four 11,000 BTU dual tube stainless steel burners
- 625 square inches primary cooking area with a total of 875 square inches
- 55,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 10,000 BTU stainless steel side burner under a flush mounted cover
- 15,000 BTU rear mounted stainless steel (not infrared) rotisserie burner with full rotisserie kit
- Stainless steel and painted steel construction with cast aluminum end caps
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Electronic (AA-Battery) ignition
- Double layer hood with center mounted thermometer
- Made in Canada by Onward Manufacturing Company
Guide Review - Broil King Imperial 590 Gas Grill
The Broil King Imperial is a combination of stainless steel, sheet metal, and cast aluminum that make this grill much more like its competitors while retaining all the features that make Broil King some of the best cooking grills on the market.
The two features that stand out on this grill are the dual tube stainless steel burners and the linear flow control valves.
The dual tube burners equalize the gas pressure inside the burner so that the heat is even front to back. Standard tubular burners tend to have higher pressure in the front of the burner and can give you uneven heating. The Broil King burners correct this problem.
The control valves on this grill have an even, highly precise flow that give you a very high level of heat control. Add in the four-burner design and this grill will let you pick an exact temperature from the very high to the very low.
This grill features a full rotisserie system that includes a standard (not infrared) 15,000 BTU rear mounted burner. This burner works as well as most any infrared rotisserie burner but has the durability of a high-quality stainless steel burner. There is also a stainless steel 10,000 side burner on the left side table under a flush mounted cover. This burner is a little low on the BTUs so it won't quickly heat up a large pot, but it is powerful enough to heat a small skillet or saucepan.
This grill has great construction and should last for many years. Broil King is known for making superior grills and this one is a good value at around $1,400USD.