The Bottom Line
Broil-King makes grills that cook. This classically styled grill is big and powerful and loaded with features, including a full rotisserie system, side burner, and the revolutionary Dual-Tube stainless steel burners. At around $1,200USD this grill isn't a big stainless steel box like some models these days, but considering the quality of this grill it's a real bargain.
This four burner gas grill, with these features and this quality this is definitely a grill you'll want to look at.
- Dual-Tube Stainless Steel burners are amazing
- Full feature rotisserie system included
- Solid construction with durable components
- Linear flow control values give you great control
- Thin cast aluminum body
- Underpowered side burner
- Four 12,250 BTU Dual-Tube 304 stainless steel burners
- 600 square inches of primary cooking space with a total of 1000 square inches
- 50,000 BTU total output from the main burners
- 18,000 BTU rear mounted rotisserie burner with full kit included
- Solid stainless steel cooking grates
- 10,000 BTU stainless steel side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Electronic Ignition
- Cast Aluminum body with 304 stainless steel components
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Sold as propane or natural gas
- Made in Canada by Onward Manufacturing Company
Guide Review - Broil King Sovereign XLS Gas Grill
This is a big, powerful gas grill with great features and components. The excellent firebox design gives you a high, even heat that gets hot fast. The heavy stainless steel cooking grates and powerful output are going to let you sear easily while the excellent linear flow control valves give you tremendous control and versatility.
The Dual-Tube stainless steel burners on this grill are unique and revolutionary. Broil-King is famous for its infinity-8 burner. Well, these burners give you something no other tubular burner can, even gas flow front to back. The inner tube distributes gas throughout the outer tube that then delivers a true, even flow of gas, simply an amazing design.
This grill comes with a full rotisserie system including an 18,000 BTU rear mounted rotisserie burner and heavy duty rod. The rotisserie burner is not infrared like it is on most grills, but a standard, single piece tubular burner. This type of burner is more durable than the infrared and because this is 18,000 BTUs it is as powerful as an infrared burner. The 10,000 BTU side burner is a nice touch for those of you who will actually use it, even though it is underpowered. The body is a combination of cast aluminum and stainless steel. All components on this grill are made to last, but I would still recommend getting a good cover to protect your investment.