The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. Its closes replacement is the Huntington/Broil Mate 2-Burner Gas Grill Model# 24025.
There are a lot of low cost grills on the market these days. Unfortunately, most of these grills are very low in quality as well. This Broil-Mate grill may not be fancy or high quality but for the price (as low as $155USD in some places) it is a well built grill with a cast aluminum body and a dual control burner (dual zone cooking).
This grill certainly won't last forever but it will outlast most any comparably priced unit. If you don't have a lot to spend then you owe it to yourself to seek this grill out.
- Good quality low cost grill
- High even heat output from 30,000 BTUs
- Linear flow control values give you great control
- Very basic two burner grill
- 30,000 BTU stainless steel main burner (two cooking zones)
- 260 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 420 square inches
- Porcelain coated steel cooking grates
- Stainless Steel "Flav-R-Wave" vaporization barrier
- Piezoelectric push button igniter
- Cast aluminum body
- High quality linear flow control valves
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Made in China by Onward Manufacturing Company
Guide Review - Broil-Mate 13024 Gas Grill
Onward manufacturing makes many grills including the popular and high quality Broil King line. Broil Mate is there discount grill brand that sells for a good price but still has many of the same features you find on their more expensive units.
While still a discount gas grill, this is a much better unit than comparable grills, the only problem is locating one (this model can be found at Ace Hardware Stores).
While most of the gas grills selling for under $250USD have switched from cast aluminum bodies to porcelain coated sheet metal Broil Mate hasn't.
This means a more durable body that can hold in heat better and should last longer than similarly priced units (this one can be found for as low as $155USD). Add to this a good quality stainless steel burner, heavier cooking grates and Onward Manufacturing's linear flow control values and you get a basic, but good quality grill.
In addition, this grill has good heat output. Onward Manufacturing is a Canadian company and they build their grills to work through the Canadian winter. This little grill (260 square inches of primary cooking space) has a 30,000 BTU maximum output and a design that gets heat to your food. The performance of this grill is excellent, but flare-ups can be an issue. Other than that, for the price, this is an excellent gas grill.