The Bottom Line
If you are serious about grilling and want a grill that delivers both high and even heat and gives you a lot of control, but don't want to spend a lot of money then this is a great grill for you. It might not look modern but Broil-Mate has been making great grills for years. This model will give you plenty of space at 400 square inches or primary cooking area and a total of 700 square inches.
And plenty of power with its 40,000 BTU main burner output.
- High even heat output from 40,000 BTUs
- Linear flow control values give you great control
- Great grill for the price
- Under powered side burner
- 40,000 BTU Dual-H stainless steel main burner (two zones)
- 400 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 700 square inches
- 10,000 BTU standard side burner
- Porcelain coated cast iron grates
- Stainless Steel "Flav-R-Wave" vaporization barrier
- Electronic (AA-Battery) Igniter
- Hood Mounted Thermometer
- Made in China by Onward Manufacturing Company
Guide Review - Broil-Mate Model #155364 Gas Grill
This model has been discontinued.
Not the most modern looking of grills but with the high heat capability of this grill and the wide range of heat control that the linear flow valves give you this grill is great at grilling. The stainless steel vaporization barriers are built to last and the durable construction and high quality stainless steel dual burner will make this grill last a long time.
The cooking grates are heavy and solid and do a good job of transferring heat to foods. At 40,000 BTUs this grill has a lot of power for it's 400 square inches of primary cooking area.
This grill has the same grilling characteristics of the more expensive Broil-King grills but without all the accessories.
If you are looking for a basic grill with lots of space that will last and provide great grilling then you really should look at this model. The warranty on this grill is also great and Broil Mate (a division of Onward Manufacturing) has a great reputation for service. Made in Canada this grill is typically available through specialty retailers.
Cast aluminum body is durable and should hold it's appearance for many years if you keep it clean and keep it covered. Standard cart configuration with two side tables. What this grill delivers is great grilling abilities at a very reasonable price (around $230USD to start).