The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. For a list of comparable products see my list of the Best Gas Grills between $250 and $500.
This grill is a real powerhouse, pumping out 50,000 BTUs under 400 square inches of primary cooking space. Add in heavy porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates and you have more than enough grill to sear a steak. With the linear control values, you can turn down the heat for vegetables and fish, making this a great grill for the person who wants to be able to grill it all.
The 10,000 BTU side burner is a nice addition for those who will actually use it. While the cast aluminum body is a little on the thin side, this is a very well built grill that will outlast many comparably priced grills (this one sells at $400).
- High even heat output from 50,000 BTUs
- Linear flow control values give you great control
- Good Quality Grill under $500
- Thin cast aluminum body
- 50,000 BTU Dual-H stainless steel main burner
- 400 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 635 square inches
- 10,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Stainless Steel "Flav-R-Wave" vaporization barrier
- Linear control valves provide a high level of burner control
- Push button piezoelectric igniter
- Hood-mounted temperature gauge
- Drop down side shelves
- Propane tank, cover and rotisserie kit sold separately
Guide Review - Broil Mate Model #195564
This classic gas grill has a high heat capability and a wide range of heat control from the linear flow valves that give you the ability to hit very high temperatures or hold low temperatures for more delicate foods. The stainless steel vaporization barriers are built to last and the durable construction and high-quality stainless steel dual H-type burner will make this grill last a long time.
The heavy porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates gives excellent contact heat and searing ability. At 50,000 BTUs this grill has a lot of power for it's 400 square inches of primary cooking area.
This grill has the same grilling characteristics of the more expensive Broil King grills. This model has a decent side burner, fold down side tables and a hood mounted temperature gauge. The warranty on this grill is also great and Broil Mate (a division of Onward Manufacturing) has a great reputation for service. Made in Canada this grill is typically available through specialty retailers.
Cast aluminum body is durable but thin and lightweight though it should hold it's appearance for many years if you should keep it clean and keep it covered. Standard cart configuration with two side tables. What this grill delivers is great grilling abilities at a very reasonable price.