These potato skins are easy to fix and light. But feel free to add some shredded cheddar cheese to the potato skins or add some crumbled bacon.
Microwave baked potatoes make this appetizer a fast and easy preparation. The appetizer is for 2 people, but it can easily be scaled up to make a family snack.
Easy potato skins are broiled with a little butter and sliced scallions. Use butter flavored spray and light sour cream to make this appetizer lower in fat.
These potato skins are relatively low in fat, but some shredded cheddar or low-fat cheese could be added along with the scallions.
- 1 large potato (russet)
- Optional: olive oil
- salt to taste (seasoned)
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons scallions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (regular or reduced fat)
- Wash the potato and rub with olive oil, if desired. Prick the potato in a few places with a fork to allow steam to escape. Microwave the potato on 100% power for about 8 to 12 minutes, or until fork tender. Remove from oven after baking; wrap in foil and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Unwrap potato and cut in half lengthwise. Let potato cool until it can be handled. Gently scrape the insides of the potato out, do not scrape all the way to the skin (leave a little potato around the edges and on the bottom). Reserve the scrapings and store in the refrigerator for another meal, if desired.
- Heat the broiler and spray a small baking pan with cooking spray.
- Season skins with seasoned salt and pepper. Sprinkle sliced scallions on each one. Place the potato skins in the prepared pan.
- Lightly spray the potato skins with the butter flavored spray or drizzle with some melted butter. Place under broiler until golden brown.
- Remove the potato skins from broiler and spread each with 1 tablespoon of sour cream. Serve warm.