Watch the video below the recipe to unleash the magic of these sweet carrots!
These glazed carrots are made with a simple mixture of brown sugar and butter. The carrots make a delicious side dish, and it's one of our top holiday side dish recipes.
I used light brown sugar, but feel free to use either light or dark brown sugar in the recipe. The water evaporates as the carrots cook, leaving them perfectly glazed with a sweet brown sugar coating.
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup water
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Wash the baby carrots under cold running water.
- Combine the carrots with the butter, brown sugar, and water in a medium saucepan. Stir to blend the ingredients thoroughly.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue boiling (uncovered) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until carrots are tender and the liquid has evaporated. Check and stir frequently to avoid scorching. Add more water, as needed.
- The liquids will boil down and the water will evaporate, leaving the carrots cooked and nicely glazed with the brown sugar syrup.
- Season the carrots to taste with salt and pepper.
- Glazed Carrots With Toasted Pecans - Toast about 1/2 cup of pecan halves in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until the pecans are aromatic and lightly browned. Remove to a plate. Stir the toasted pecans into the glazed carrots before serving.
More Carrot Recipes