Enjoy a quick and easy vegetable side dish recipe of oven-roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. This is one of those recipes (like so many) which requires sea salt or kosher salt rather than regular table salt, yandou absolutely must use fresh ground black pepper as well.
This easy Brussels sprouts recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free and is one of our most popular easy vegetarian Thanksgiving recipes. It's a crowd-pleaser that will have your family and friends raving about what a gourmet chef you've become. Don't let on how simple it is!
- 2-3 cups brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- Dash salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- When preparing Brussels sprouts, chop the stem end off just a little bit if it's large and firm. If your Brussels sprouts are more tender, you can keep the stem end or just trim the end a tiny bit.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Whisk together the vinegar, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Slowly incorporate the olive oil until dressing is formed.
- Place the brussels sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle the oil and vinegar dressing over the sprouts and gently toss to coat.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning once. Sprouts are done when they are lightly browned.
Serve the Brussels sprouts with an extra drizzle of the dressing if you wish, but they are delicious just as they are from the oven.
Use your own taste to decide if you want more or less salt and pepper on the Brussels sprouts. Guests want to add more at the table. Put out some artisanal sea salt and a pepper grinder so they can season as they wish.
Love oven-roasted Brussel sprouts but you don't want to get stuck in a rut making them the same way every time? Here are a few more Brussels sprouts recipes to try:
- Oven-roasted Brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes: A great holiday combination.