Here is a copycat recipe for the Anchor Bar's famous original Buffalo wings. You will need a deep skillet, Dutch oven, or a deep-fryer to fry the chicken wings. It is all about the sauce, which contains only 3 simple ingredients.
Chop off the tip of each chicken wings, and discard it. Chop the wing in half (cutting at the joint) to make 2 pieces. Grind on fresh black pepper and sprinkle with salt if desired.
Heat the oil over high heat in a deep skillet, Dutch oven, or deep-fat fryer until it starts to pop and sizzle (around 400 degrees F). Add half the chicken wings and cook until they're golden and crisp, stirring or shaking occasionally. When done, remove them to drain on paper towels and cook the remaining wings.
Melt the butter or margarine over medium heat in a heavy saucepan, add the hot sauce and the 1 tablespoon of . Stir well and remove from the flame immediately.
Place the chicken on a warm serving platter, pour the sauce on top, and serve.
Suggested Related Recipes
• Engine-Revving Chicken Wings (Baked) Recipe
• Key Lime Barbecue Chicken Wings Recipe
• Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Wings Recipe
• Baked Honey Mustard Garlic Drumettes Recipe
• Barbecued Tex-Mex Wings Recipe
• Bourbon Chicken or Turkey Recipe
• Chicken Wings Pacifica Recipe
• Grilled Satay Chicken Wings Recipe
• Lemonade Chicken Wings Recipe
• Margarita Wings Recipe