These pork chops are a breeze to prepare with butterflied boneless chops, dressing mix, and potatoes. It makes an excellent family dinner. Add a salad or steamed broccoli or peas to the complete the meal.
I seared the chop (pictured) to give them some color and a little extra flavor. See the tips and variations below the recipe.
- 6 or more medium red potatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 large onion, quartered and thickly sliced
- 4 to 6 boneless, butterflied pork chops (See How to Butterfly Pork Chops)
- 1/2 packet (0.6 ounces) Zesty Italian dressing mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss potatoes and sliced onion with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Put the potatoes in the slow cooker and top with the pork chops..
- Sprinkle the pork chops with about half of a package of dressing mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for about 3 hours. (a 4 1/2-quart or larger pot will be necessary for the larger number of chops & potatoes.)
- Remove the pork chops to a platter and place the potatoes in a serving bowl.
Serves 4 to 6.
Tips and Variations
If desired, sear the chops as soon as they come out of the slow cooker. This will give them a little extra flavor and some color. To sear, heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet. Sear the pork chops for a few minutes on each side, or just until browned.
Toss about 1 teaspoon of finely minced garlic with the potatoes and onions.
Use a crock pot cooking bag and make cleanup easier.