This buttery tea cakes recipe makes the perfect cookie for decorating, and they're good plain as well. The cookies are rolled and cut out in rounds or shapes.
Sprinkle with vanilla sugar or colored sugars before baking, or frost the cooled cookies.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla; mix well.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt; add to the first mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate the dough until chilled and easier to handle.
- Sprinkle flour on a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper and place the dough on it. Flour the dough lightly, cover with another sheet of parchment paper or wax paper and roll out to 1/4- to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into shapes; place on a parchment paper-lined (or greased) baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes, until bottoms and edges, are just lightly browned.
- Decorate with vanilla sugar or colored sugars or frost with royal icing or a simple cookie glaze.
You Might Also Like