As the story goes, America's most popular restaurant salad dressing was invented by Caesar Cardini in Tijuana, Mexico. This Caesar salad dressing recipe can also be used as a vegetable dip or sandwich spread.
To Coddle the Eggs:
- Place 2 room temperature eggs in a small saucepan.
- Pour in boiling water until the eggs are covered.
- Leave for 1 minute, then drain and run under cold water until the eggs are cool enough to be handled.
- When cool, separate the eggs and reserve the yolks.
To Make Dressing:
- Add the rest of the dressing ingredients to a blender, along with the egg yolks.
- Blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate until needed.