These bacon strips are glazed with maple syrup and brown sugar, which makes them sweet, savory, crisp and addictive! Great as a party snack, breakfast meat or the world's best BLT.
- 1 pound thick-sliced center-cut bacon
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place a wire cookie rack over a sheet pan and layout the strips of bacon in one layer. The strips of bacon can be touching, but shouldn’t be overlapping. Place in a preheated 350 degrees F. oven for 15 minutes.
2. Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Remove the bacon, and using a pastry brush, lightly brush the sugar mixture on the bacon, turn and brush the other side. Return to the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Remove and repeat the process every five minutes, for about 30 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp and caramelized. Allow to cool on the rack until the bacon strips firm up.