01 of 04
Taylor's durable and accurate candy thermometer also handles deep-fry and jelly duties. It will measure temperatures from 100 F to 400 F. Prominent markings are easy to read and includes notations for candy stages and chocolate tempering. It is 12 1/2 inches long with a clip that attaches to the side of the pot. Highly recommended.
- Peppermint Candy Canes Recipe: You will need a candy thermometer to make sure the ingredients -- water, sugar, cream of tartar and corn syrup -- come to the hard... ball stage or 250 F to 265 F.
02 of 04
The first digital read-out dual-purpose candy and deep-fry thermometer has pre-programmed settings for both confections and frying. Beeps when the desired temperature is reached. Attaches to side of the pan. Operates on two AA batteries.
- Deep-Fried Whole Turkey Recipe: When deep frying a whole turkey several precautions must be taken. The turkey must be patted dry inside and out and then carefully lowered into a pot of peanut oil heated no higher than 400 F. The smoke point for peanut oil is 450... F and you don't want to get to that point.
03 of 04
This is a dial-style thermometer, with a large dial topping the 8-inch probe. It will measure temperatures from 50 F to 550 F. Metal clip attaches to the side of the pot for constant monitoring. This one is designed for professionals, so there are no helpful markings for candy stages, however, its wider temperature range is desirable for some applications.
- Deep-Fried Candy Bars Recipe: Frozen and battered candy bars are fried at 375 F. It will take about 10 minutes of heating time for the oil to... reach that temperature.
- Hot Pepper Jelly Recipe: Chopped peppers, sugar, vinegar, red pepper flakes, and pectin are boiled until the mixture reaches the jelly stage or 222 F.
04 of 04
This less expensive dial probe thermometer measures temperatures from 150 F to 400 F in 50-degree increments. If your recipe specifies an in-between temperature, such as 287 F, you might have difficulty with accuracy. The temperature guides are printed on the probe storage sleeve, not the dial.
- Bacon Pralines Recipe: This recipe is dependent on a candy thermometer to make sure the candy doesn't come out grainy. Sugar, brown sugar, buttermilk, corn syrup, baking soda, and salt are cooked to... 235 degrees F.
Disclosure: E-Commerce Content is independent of editorial content and we may receive compensation in connection with your purchase of products via links on this page.