A delicious caramel cream pie made with butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 baked pastry shell (9-inch, or a graham cracker crust)
- Cream butter, flour, and sugar together.
- Beat egg and add milk; add to creamed mixture.
- Cook in the top of a double boiler until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool, and add vanilla
- Pour into pastry shell and chill thoroughly.
- Spread with whipped cream or whipped topping before serving.
- Note: Whipped cream should be stable for up to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
How to Stabilize Whipped Cream:
Video: How to stabilize whipped cream