This recipe for Caramel Rum Sauce would be great on ice cream. It's also the perfect glaze for Brown Sugar Pound Cake or drizzled on top of a bundt cake.
- 1/2 cup cream (whipping or heavy)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar (dark brown)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup (light)
- 3 tablespoons rum (dark)
- Combine all ingredients in heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking occasionally.
- Cover and continue to boil for 1 minute to wash sugars from the side of the pan. Uncover and boil for 3 to 4 more minutes without stirring.
- Cool slightly before drizzling* over cake or ice cream.
- Not only did I drizzle the sauce over my rose-shaped Brown Sugar Pound Cake, but I brushed it over the sides for even coverage. Since my cake was in two pans, I put 1-cup of sauce in a resealable container in the refrigerator to use later on the loaf cake. To serve this cake, I scooped out some sauce on a slice of the cake. I then microwaved the piece for about 15 seconds. Wonderful!