This cheese ball makes a delicious spread for crackers, and preparation is fast and easy.
- 18 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (sharp, shredded)
- 2 teaspoons onion (grated)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic (finely minced)
- 2 to 4 ounces pecans (or peanuts, finely chopped; more or less as needed)
2. Refrigerate the cheese mixture until firm and then shape into a ball.
3. Roll the cheese ball in chopped pecans or peanuts until well coated. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 24 hours for best flavor.
4. Remove from the refrigerator 2 hours before serving.
Arrange assorted crackers around the cheese ball just before serving.