This cheese ball makes a delicious spread for crackers, and preparation is fast and easy.
- 18 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (sharp, shredded)
- 2 teaspoons onion (grated)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic (finely minced)
- 2 to 4 ounces pecans (or peanuts, finely chopped; more or less as needed)
1. In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
2. Refrigerate the cheese mixture until firm and then shape into a ball.
3. Roll the cheese ball in chopped pecans or peanuts until well coated. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 24 hours for best flavor.
4. Remove from the refrigerator 2 hours before serving.
Arrange assorted crackers around the cheese ball just before serving.