01 of 04
2017 Northwest - Eliminate Sickness Energy
The Northwest area in 2017 is hosting the so-called illness star #2. The feng shui element of the visiting star is Earth, and the element of the Northwest bagua area is Metal. Right away, if you are familiar with the five feng shui elements, you know to use more of the Metal element decor and cures, because Metal weakens Earth in the destructive cycle of feng shui elements. You will also be wise to avoid decorating with the element that strengthens the Earth; this element is Fire.
Here's How... to Neutralize the Challenging 2017 Northwest Feng Shui Energies
Continue to 2 of 4 below.
- Introduce Metal element decor cures here to weaken the Earth element of the challenging annual star. You can go for a metal singing bowl, for example, a metal Wu Lou gourd, six Chinese coins or any metal decor item, preferably with round or circular shapes.
- The Northwest area in 2017 is a good bagua area to place a salt water cure or just a bowl of clean water as long as you keep it fresh and clean.
- Avoid Fire element decor items here because Fire energy strengthens the challenging 2017 star that you want to weaken. Fire feeds the Earth element of this star. Avoid strong bright lights here and prominent triangular-shape decor items, as well as candles.
- Feel free to decorate the Northwest area with the colors of Water, Wood and Metal elements—blue, black, brown, green, gray, white and all metallic finishes.
- Avoid major renovation or redecorating work in this area in 2017.
- A metal statue of the Medicine Buddha is excellent feng shui here.
02 of 04
2017 West - Protect Relationships
The #3 Star is visiting the West area of your home in 2017, which makes it a challenging feng shui bagua area. The energy of this star is associated with discord and arguments, so be sure you know how take good care of West in 2017 to avoid any negativity in your relationships.
The element of the visiting star is Wood, and the element of West is Metal.
Because Fire and Metal are the elements that weaken the Wood in the feng shui elements cycle, focus on strengthening these two elements in the West... area in 2017. This will weaken the Wood feng shui energy of the visiting star thus neutralizing, or at least minimizing its negative effects.
Here's How to Neutralize the Challenging 2017 West Feng Shui Energies
Continue to 3 of 4 below.
- A strong Fire element decor is recommended here in 2017. Decorate with red and purple colors, have candles and bright lights and triangular shape items. If none of this sounds good for your specific West area, even a couple of red cover books can work, or change your lamp shade to a bright red one and buy pillows in a red color.
- Avoid Water and Wood elements here in 2017, which means limit a strong presence of colors blue, black, green and brown. Be sure to avoid decorating with the actual items of these elements, such as big plants (Wood element) or a big mirror (Water element).
- The presence of Kwan Yin is an excellent feng shui cure here to calm the energies present in 2017 in this area.
- Avoid loud noise, TV or computer use in this area. You do not want to activate this area, you just want to create a strong Fire energy but not take it to the extreme. Find that unique balance when the Fire element in your decor is strong, but not as extreme as to trigger hot tempers and arguments.
In 2017. there is also the presence of a specific negative energy (the traditional feng shui name is Tai Sui, Grand Duke of Jupiter) in the West bagua area, so caution is needed. One of the most popular feng shui cures—the Pi Yao—is placed in the area opposite the annual location of the Grand Duke.
03 of 04
2017 South - Avoid Bad Luck
The South bagua area of your home or office is hosting some challenging energies in 2017 - the so-called 5 Yellow Star. In simple terms, what these feng shui energies might provoke - if not adequately taken care of - is occurrences of bad luck.
In the language of 5 feng shui elements, the challenging annual star energy belongs to the Earth element. So, what you need to do in order to negate its negative effect is to use feng shui cures that belong to the feng shui elements of Water or Metal. Why?... Because these two elements weaken the Earth element (according to the 5 elements feng shui theory.)
Here's How to Neutralize the Challenging 2017 South Feng Shui Energies
Continue to 4 of 4 below.
- Place here the annual salt water cure. Alternatively, you can place a bowl of clean water, but do not place a fountain here in 2017.
- Metal wind chimes or heavy metal ornaments are needed here in 2017. In addition to a six-hollow-rods wind chime, you can also place six metal Chinese coins, a metal or wood Wu Lou, a metal bell or bowl of your liking or a metal Chi Lin. Be creative and use different metals, such as gold, silver, copper and brass.
- Avoid Fire element colors of red, purple, strong yellow, magenta and orange, as well as Earth element colors, which are all sandy and earthy colors. Also, avoid triangular Fire element shapes and candles.
- Your 2017 South bagua area decor is best in Metal and some Water colors, such as white and gray (Metal element) or blue and black (Water element).
- A statue of Kwan Yin, the Goddess of Mercy, a metal Wu Lou or a feng shui Dragon statue are also good here. Be sure the statues you use are not in a red color.
- As usual with the challenging feng shui annual energies, it is best to keep the South area of your home or office as quiet as possible. Do not activate this area with loud music, TV or much activity.
04 of 04
2017 Southwest - Protect Your Home
The Southwest bagua area is hosting the challenging feng shui star #7, the star associated with unexpected negative events related to you and your home protection. The element of this visiting star is Metal, and the element of the Southwest bagua area is Earth.
This means you have to do your best to limit an Earth element-based decor here in 2017, as this only strengthens the feng shui element of the visiting star.
You need to focus on Water element cures in order to exhaust the Metal and be sure... to avoid Earth element decor because Earth gives more strength to Metal according to the five feng shui element cycles. Also avoid Fire element decor here.
Here's How to Neutralize the Challenging 2017 Southwest Feng Shui Energies
- Decorate with colors of the Water feng shui element—blue and black—with various decor items such as pillows, a lamp shade, the rug or curtains.
- A less known feng shui symbol/cure—the Rhinoceros—is recommended with this feng shui star. Choose one in a blue color to strengthen the needed Water feng shui element. The elephant symbol energy can work well here, too.
- Avoid a strong presence of the Metal element, either in colors (white and gray) or actual metal decor items. Also avoid the Earth feng shui element in earthy colors or actual items, such as crystals and pottery.
- With the challenging feng shui areas, keep the Southwest bagua area in 2017 calm, with no renovations and no noise.