The Bottom Line
The Char-Broil 3-burner gas grill at K-Mart is typical of the low end, mass-market gas grills. Poor quality components with poor quality construction. This Char-Broil is a basic grill with side burner. The one feature that works is its Sears support, because they will get you replacement parts for as long as the warranty lasts, which isn't long. This is a grill with basic features, poor cooking abilities and nothing to make you want to actually own it.
Definitely, a grill to avoid. The move to thin, porcelain painted steel body parts reduced the shipping cost and weakens the grill.
- Inexpensive 3-burner gas grill
- Light weight wire cooking grates
- Thin, low grade burners
- Under power side burner
- Side burner has no cover
- Three 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 360 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 490 square inches
- 30,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 10,000 BTU standard side burner without cover
- Porcelain coated steel wire cooking grates
- Push button piezoelectric ignition
- Painted steel construction with plastic knobs
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Built by Char-Broil in China for K-Mart Stores
Guide Review - Char-Broil 3-Burner Gas Grill Model# 463724711
This model has been discontinued.
The Char-Broil Gas Grill is a basic 3-burner grill with low power, uncovered side burner.
There is nothing unique or interesting about this grill. If you really want to know about this grill, go see one. When you do, lift the lid and give it a good shake. This should tell you all you need to know about it. Otherwise keep reading.
The construction of this grill is weak. It is designed to weight as little as possible to reduce the shipping costs from China where is it made.
It is also designed to be on sale. If you insist on buying it, get on sale price and not the full $190USD that it says it sells for. The 10,000 BTU side burner is a standard unit. There isn't actually a single component on this grill that is of value.
Char-Broil has been making low priced grills for years. They are designed to be a low-cost and that means lightweight parts and low-grade metals. In years past they were relatively quality units. Unfortunately, foreign competition has crushed these gas grills. Now these units don't even have the rust resistant cast aluminum bodies. Choosing to use painted steel body parts reduces the shipping costs of this unit but means that the body will get extremely hot (potential burn hazard) and that the lid and body of the grill are now prone to rusting.