The Char-Broil Advantage Stainless 4-Burner is probably the shiniest gas grill sitting on the showroom floor of Lowe's Stores for 2016. This grill is built to stand out and look great while it sits indoors. The problem is, how long will it look that way and are you going to be satisfied with 30,000 BTUs under 450 square inches of cooking space, which makes this a very low powered gas grill.
- Largely stainless steel construction
- Inexpensive for the size
- Low-grade materials used in construction
- Thin, lightweight burners
- Flimsy cart construction
- Low heat output
- Low powered side burner
- Four 7,500 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 450 square inches of primary cooking area for a total of 600 square inches of grilling space
- 30,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 10,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Two stainless steel cooking grates
- 430 stainless steel and painted steel construction
- Electric (AA-Battery) ignition
- Stainless steel barrier
- Propane tank, rotisserie kit and cover sold separately
- Sold propane only but convertible to natural gas with additional parts
- Made in China by Char-Broil exclusively for Lowes
This is a standard designed gas grill with 4 burners and a side burner wrapped in pretty stainless steel. Problem is that this grill is oddly underpowered.
One of the reasons to reduce the heat output of a gas grill is because the components can't take the heat. With this model, that is the thin, low grade stainless, which can discolor with excessive heat. At least, this hood has an inner lining to protect it to some extent. Another reason that this grill has low power is to reduce the cost of the four main burners which are top ported and less expensive to manufacturer.
Yes, this isn't a great grill. It isn't even very good, but it is large and shiny. I'm sure this one will sell well while supplies last and as long as there is room on the Lowe's floor. My recommendation is if you can't afford to spend any more, and you refuse to go charcoal, then you might as well buy this grill and start saving up for your next one in a couple of years. Don't expect this gas grill to be a powerhouse, last very long, or cook evenly, though.