The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. It is replaced by the Char-Broil Stainless 2-Burner Model# 463645015.
For the last several years, Char-Broil has produced a line of small footprint gas grills. Sometimes called the "Urban" grill, these little two-burner grills come in a wide range of cooking systems and materials. This is the simplest and least expensive of this style of grill. With two burners and 300 square inches of primary grilling space, there isn't much here, but for under $200USD (typically) there shouldn't be.
This is a pretty good combination of value, feature, and size.
- Good heat output for the size
- Lightweight, low quality burners
- Cheap construction
- Cooking grates chip easily
- Two 15,000 BTU tubular burners
- 300 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 420 square inches
- 30,000 BTU total output from the main burners
- Electric (AA-Battery) ignition
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Painted steel sheet metal body and frame with 400 series stainless steel accents
- Fold down side tables
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Made by Char-Broil in China for Home Depot
Expert Review - Char-Broil 2-Burner Propane Model# 463650414
Finding an inexpensive grill that will cook well and last is not easy so it is important to remember that when looking in this price range. This entry from Char-Broil is not a great grill, but for under $200USD it isn't a bad choice either.
For the person who wants something that looks better than those four legged little grills, this Classic model has an enclosed cabinet, fold down side tables, and little else. Constructed from thin, painted steel it isn't built to last more than a few seasons, but it doesn't look as cheap as most.
The cooking system is equally simple.
Two stainless steel (thin and low grade) burners under porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates. The heat output is strong, though the thin materials have trouble holding in the heat. The biggest problem here is the thin internal components. They can not withstand very much punishment, and by punishment I really mean use. The burners will melt and the paint the coats the inside of the fire box will chip away allowing the metal to corrode. Also, the igniter will fail within a year or two. That just happens.
So, for the price it isn't a bad grill, just don't have a lot of expectations of it lasting very long.