The Bottom Line
This is the bottom of the line for the Char-Broil gas grills. This particular version sells exclusively at Lowes Stores. What you get a 2-burner, dual zone gas grill and a standard side burner. The main heat output is low, meaning lower temperatures and longer preheat times. On the other hand, this grill sells for $140USD. These days this is the bottom end of gas grills so if this is the most you can afford you may consider it, but don't expect much.
The thin body won't hold in the heat so you can't get a lot of versatility out of this unit. As a basic burger burner it is an okay grill, but watch out for the flare-ups.
- Inexpensive at around $140USD
- Lightweight, low-quality burners
- Low heat output from the main burners
- Large amount of plastic
- Two 15,000 BTU tubular burners
- 364 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 522 square inches
- 30,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Single push-button piezoelectric igniter
- Porcelain coated steel wire cooking grates
- Powder coated steel body and frame
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Made by Char-Broil in China exclusively for Lowes Home Improvement
Guide Review - Char-Broil Quick Assembly 2-Burner Model# 463742111
This model has been discontinued.
This is a basic, lightweight grill that is not built to last or to be a great grill.
In all honest there isn't much that you can say about this grill. If you don't have a lot of money (buy this one on sale for around $120USD) and want a grill you can cook up some burgers and hot dogs on then you might want to pick this one up. This grill does come with a side burner which can be handy but the side table won't take a lot of weight so it is really only good for heating up a small pan even if the heat output is pretty good.
Odds are you will be dragging it out to the curb within 2 years so I wouldn't get attached to it.
The burners on this grill will probably be the first thing to go and with a replacement price of around $26USD for the pair, you will probably avoid repair and simply replace the grill in a year or two. This grill gives you a 2-burner grill that doesn't have a lot of versatility and won't last more than a couple of years, but you can always turn around and buy a new one in two years. Just try and recycle this one.
While this grill is exclusive to Lowes Home Improvement Stores, similar versions can be found in many large retail stores.
A previous version of this grill was notoriously difficult to assemble. The poorly written instructions made it a guessing game of what part went where. Char-Broil and Lowes wanted to eliminate this problem, so they labeled this grill, "Quick Assembly".