The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. It is replaced by the Char-Broil 375T Quickset Gas Grill Model #463741510.
This is the bottom of the line for the Char-Broil gas grills. This particular version sells exclusively at Lowes Stores. What you get is a single burner, dual zone gas grill. While the heat output of is okay the evenness isn't. On the other hand, this grill sells for $130USD, which is a price that is hard to beat.
These days this is the bottom end of gas grills so if this is the most you can afford you may consider it, but don't expect much. The thin body won't hold in the heat so you can't get a lot of versatility out of this unit. As a basic burger burner it is an okay grill, but watch out for the flare-ups.
- Lightweight, low-quality burner
- Cheap construction with a poorly designed cart
- Large amount of plastic
- One dual control low weight stainless steel burner, 17,500 BTUs per side
- 375 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 512 square inches
- 35,000 BTU total output from the main burners
- Single push-button piezoelectric ignition
- Porcelain coated steel wire cooking grates
- Porcelain coated steel sheet metal body and frame
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Made by Char-Broil in China exclusively for Lowes Home Improvement
Guide Review - Char-Broil Quickset 2-Burner 463741209
This is a basic, lightweight grill that is not built to last or to be a great grill. In all honest there isn't much that you can say about this grill. If you don't have a lot of money (buy this one on sale for around $100USD) and want a grill you can cook up some burgers and hot dogs on then you might want to pick this one up.
Odds are you will be dragging it out to the curb within 2 years so I wouldn't get attached to it.
From a design standpoint this is something of a throwback to grills of the past. The single, dual control burner has lost its popularity. The burner on this grill will probably be the first thing to go and with a replacement price of around $27USD, you will probably avoid repair and simply replace the grill in a year or two. This grill gives you a "2"-burner grill that doesn't have a lot of versatility and won't last more than a couple of years, but you can always turn around and buy a new one in two years. Just try and recycle this one.
While this grill is exclusive to Lowes Home Improvement Stores, similar versions can be found in many large retail stores.