The Bottom Line
This Gas Grill has been discontinued. It is replaced by the Charmglow Stainless Steel 5-Burner (Model #780-0578).
This bigger version of the Charmglow Gas Grill from Home Depot has more burners, more BTUs and more space, but it isn't any better in quality. Like many of the Nexgrill made gas grills, this unit is designed to catch the eye and look impressive. With 5 burners and lots of cooking space, it does that.
Unfortunately, cooking capabilities, durability and usability were secondary considerations. Having said that this isn't a bad grill for the price (about $570 USD), you could do better, though. This unit comes with a complete rotisserie system.
- Attractive Stainless Steel Design
- Low price for an all stainless steel unit
- Backed by Home Depot
- Low BTU rating for the size
- Gas hoses run dangerously near heated parts
- Not very sturdy construction
- Small and weak casters make moving it over rough surface difficult
- Five 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 640 square inches of primary cooking space for a total grilling area of 896 square inches
- 50,000 BTU output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU brass cover side burner under a flush mounted lid
- Push and turn ignition system
- 304 stainless steel on control panel, outer lid surface, cooking grate, barrier
- 400 stainless steel on side tables, inner hood, cart and doors
- Plastic control knobs, hand connectors and door knobs
- Full Rotisserie system included with infrared rotisserie burner
- Natural gas conversion system available
Guide Review - Charmglow 5-Burner Stainless Steel Model #720-0396
In the race to have brand names on the display floor, Home Depot bought the Charmglow name and had a Chinese manufacturer (Nexgrill) build this grill.
This unit is part of a line of outdoor products sold under the Charmglow name. If you've been around Gas Grills for many years you'll probably remember Charmglow as a maker of grills that lasted forever. This unit probably won't make it that long.
The Charmglow Stainless Steel Gas Grill has five stainless steel 10,000 BTU burners giving it a total output of 50,000 BTUs under a primary cooking area of 640 square inches. I find this a little light on the heat side but not that far off. You should be able to get it hot enough to sear a steak, but I won't make any promises about that. The grill also features a 12,000 BTU side burner, which you'll probably never use like most people. The igniter is electronic. This grill comes with a full rotisserie system that is basically the only difference between this model and the other Charmglow 5-Burner
In addition, this grill is made partly of 304 stainless steel, which includes the stainless steel cooking grates, a fixed warming rack, outer lid layer, and control panel. The propane tank is not included. While manufactured by Nexgrill the support number is direct to Home Depot so you shouldn't have service issues.
The biggest problem I have with this unit is that the price was the primary design consideration.
Much of the stainless steel used isn't the highest quality, but at around $570USD you will get a few years of service out of it before going out to buy a new grill.
My biggest concern with this grill is the placement of the rubber fuel line that runs under the fire box and also runs very close to the heated area of the side burner.