The Bottom Line
This is a gas grill with all the bells and whistles. Internal infrared sear burner, infrared rotisserie burner (full rotisserie kit includes), cart mounted side burner, gas powered oven, and a regular 4-burner grill means you can cook anything on this grill and all for around $800. Really sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? Well, guess what? This grill is built from painted steel body parts, low-quality stainless steel, and many plastic pieces.
These factors will limit the durability and performance of this grill. Even covered and kept clean you may have trouble getting your money's worth out of this gas grill.
- Large Full Functional Gas Grill
- Full Function gas oven
- Cart Mounted Side Burner
- Internal mounted infrared sear burner
- Constructed of low quality (400 series) stainless steel
- Painted body parts can be easily scratched
- Weak casters may make moving this unit difficult
- Four 10,000 BTU 304 stainless steel main burners
- 570 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 896 square inches
- 40,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- One 15,000 BTU infrared sear burner internally mounted
- 12,000 BTU brass capped side burner mounted on the cart, under a stainless steel cover
- 10,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full kit included
- 1.87 cubic foot 16,000 BTU gas powered oven
- Heavy porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Cover and propane tank sold separately. Rotisserie kit included
- Imported from China by Nexgrill exclusively for Home Depot Stores
Guide Review - Charmglow Gourmet Series Oven 720-0536
This model has been discontinued.
A similar version of this grill hit Costco stores a year ago.
That grill, the Kirkland Signature Grill with Oven sold for $1,400USD. This Home Depot version sells for around $800USD. The importer, Nexgrill, accomplished this by removing all the good quality 304 stainless steel with simply painted steel and low grade 430 stainless steel. This greatly reduces the durability of this grill. So while you may be getting a grill with everything, you probably won't have it for very long.
This big gas grill features a 15,000 BTU internally mounted sear burner, 10,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full rotisserie kit, 12,000 BTU cart mounted side burner under a flush mounted cover, 16,000 BTU gas powered oven in addition to a standard 4-burner gas grill. That is a whole lot of grill for the price making this one grill that is too good to be true. That is really too bad because this is a good looking grill that literally makes an outdoor kitchen all by itself.
The problem with this grill, like many of the large, loaded gas grills is that the reduction in quality necessary to pack in all the bells and whistles makes this grill a poor investment. Inside this grill is a maze of hoses connecting the eight control valves that run the oven and seven burners.
This leads to too many parts in an $800 grill that can easily break down or fail.