Feel free to use chicken broth or more milk in place of the beer in the recipe. This is a tasty combination of flavors, and it makes a great everyday family meal. Serve this pasta bake with crusty bread and sliced fresh tomatoes.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 to 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 12 to 16 ounces diced ham
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beer
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) American cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup soft fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- sweet paprika
Grease a 2 to 2 1/2-quart baking dish. Heat oven to 350°F.
Cook pasta in boiling salted water following package directions. Drain and rinse under hot water. Set aside.
In a large skillet or saute pan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the onions, garlic, parsley, and ham and saute, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the flour until well incorporated. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the beer. Gradually stir in milk and cheeses. Cook. Stir until thickened and cheese has melted. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the drained pasta. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Combine bread crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle over the casserole. Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until topping is lightly browned and casserole is bubbly.
Taco Cheeseburger Macaroni
Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Family Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
Simple Macaroni and Cheese
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Andouille Mac 'n Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Quick and Easy Nacho Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese Bake
22 Delicious Macaroni and Cheese Recipes