This is a cheese and sausage quiche recipe made with eggs, cooked sausage, and two varieties of cheese. Not only is this quiche made with an egg and milk mixture, there are sliced hard-cooked eggs in the quiche.
Use spicy or mild pork sausage in this quiche, or make it with turkey sausage.
- 1 prepared pie shell, 9-inch
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced
- 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk or half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line the pie shell with a sheet of foil and fill at least 3/4 full with pie weights or dry beans. Bake pie shell in the preheated oven for 7 minutes. Remove to a rack and cool.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage, breaking up and turning until the meat is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Arrange sliced eggs in the bottom of the cooled crust; top with the drained browned sausage and shredded cheeses.
- In a bowl, whisk together the 3 eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over sausage and cheese mixture.
- Bake quiche in the 350 F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to a rack and let stand for 8 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
You Might Also Like