These cheese mashed potatoes are baked with a shredded cheddar topping. The rich mixture of mashed potatoes, cream cheese, and sour cream make for an extra special side dish.
Use reduced calorie cream cheese and sour cream to lighten the casserole up a bit.
- 8 to 12 medium baking potatoes, (about 3 to 4 lbs)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 6 to 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in enough water to cover for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain off liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Beat the mixture with an electric mixer till fluffy. Turn mixture into a buttered 2-quart casserole or baking dish. Top with the shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake in 350 F oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer.
You Might Also Like