This super simple three-ingredient chicken main dish recipe for cheesy crockpot chicken is delicious served with hot cooked rice or couscous. You can make this recipe with chicken thighs instead—just use 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of any visible fat.
Two kinds of cream of whatever soup make the sauce so rich and tasty. If you'd like, use lower sodium versions of these ingredients. You could also substitute a jar of Alfredo sauce and some grated cheese for the canned soups if you'd like.
And you could add vegetables to this easy recipe to make it a one dish meal. I would add baby carrots, some chopped onions, sliced garlic, and perhaps some green beans. Little red potatoes would be another good addition.
Serve this easy dish with a green salad tossed with sliced mushrooms and grape tomatoes and drizzled with a simple homemade olive oil and lemon juice vinaigrette. Some breadsticks or toasted garlic bread would be a good addition to this homey meal. And for dessert, make some brownies or serve some homemade chocolate chip cookies.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed Fiesta cheese soup
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Spray a 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken breasts in the prepared crockpot. Pour the undiluted soups over the chicken, add the pepper and chili powder, and stir to combine.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until the chicken is tender and thoroughly cooked to 165 F. Serve the chicken and the sauce over hot cooked rice or noodles.