A super quick and easy vegetarian pasta casserole recipe. This is a great way to use up any leftover cooked pasta you have lying around. Just "dump" a few ingredients into a dish and bake. Although you do have to cook the pasta beforehand, this baked pasta casserole only has five ingredients, so it really can be a time saver on a busy night.
What to do with all the extra time you'll have on hand by preparing such a simple and easy dinner as this one? Make a fresh green salad to go along with it or try baking a simple whole wheat dinner roll. Why not?
Pasta and bean casserole recipe courtesy of Bush's® Beans.
See also: More vegetarian casserole recipes
- 1 16 ounce package penne pasta
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 16 ounce cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 26 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, kidney beans and spaghetti sauce. Transfer to 2-quart baking dish and top with shredded mozzarella. Bake until cheese is melted and golden, about 40 minutes.
Enjoy your easy pasta bake for dinner!