These Oatmeal Walnut Cookie have a wonderfully chewy texture and a want-at-least-one-more taste. If we start dreaming about them then we know it's time to make them again. When we're being smart, we don't bake all of the dough at one time. Instead, freeze a few balls of dough for baking at a later date.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly grease the cookie sheets or line them with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and the salt in a large bowl with a wire whisk. Set the bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and the sugar. Add the egg and vanilla. Combine completely. Slowly add flour mixture until it was well combined. Hand the stir-in oats and the walnuts.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough for on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes or until they are browned around the edges.
- Take the sheets from oven, and allow the cookies to cool on the sheets for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the Oatmeal Walnut Cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before storing them in a cookie jar with a loose lid.
Most cookie recipes call for "ungreased cookie sheets". For those recipes, we recommend spraying your cookie sheet with cookie spray and wipe away any excess oil with a paper towel. This way you don't have to worry about scrapping off your cookies.