The famous Chicago Dog is known as the best hot dog in the world. If you really want to get it right, choose a good sausage and load it up as high as you can.
- 8 hot dogs (good quality)
- 8 hot dog buns
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 16 pepperoncini peppers
- 1/2 cup/120 mL onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL sweet pickle relish
1. Cut tomatoes into thin slices, then cut in half to make half circles.
2. Grill hot dogs over a medium-high heat until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Open hot dog buns and grill for 1 minute, cut side down.
4. Assemble dogs by placing 2 slices of tomato on the bun, then the hot dog, and then the peppers. Now top with mustard, onions and relish. Sprinkle on some celery salt and you have a real Chicago Hot Dog.