This casserole is super easy to put together and makes a nice meal with a salad and biscuits. Chicken and asparagus are layered and then topped with a simple sauce and cheese. Top it off with buttered bread crumbs just before baking.
I usually use fresh or frozen asparagus (cooked), but canned asparagus may be used.
- 2 cans asparagus, about 15 ounces each, drained (or use cooked fresh or frozen asparagus)
- 4 chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish.
- Layer the asparagus in the buttered baking dish; top with chopped chicken.
- In a bowl, mix the condensed soup with the mayonnaise, and lemon juice; pour over chicken and asparagus. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Toss the bread crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
More Chicken Casserole Dishes
Chicken and Pasta Potluck Casserole with Cheese
Chicken Pasta Casserole With Cheddar Cheese and Bacon
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Savory Chicken Noodle Bake
Easy Boneless Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes and Capers