- Grease a 1 1/2 to 2-quart casserole. Heat oven to 350°.
- Sprinkle the well-drained spinach over the bottom of the casserole; set aside.
- In a large skillet, fry the diced bacon until just crisp. With a slotted spoon transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Add butter to the skillet and melt over medium-low heat. Add the onions, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and basil; cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the flour until well incorporated. Add the chicken broth and cream, stirring until well blended. Stir in the chicken and cook, stirring, until thickened and bubbly.
- Sprinkle the drained bacon over the spinach, then pour the hot chicken mixture over all.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly, and cheese is lightly browned.
You Might Also Like
Homemade Chicken and Biscuits
Potluck Chicken and Macaroni Bake
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Easy Chicken Gemelli Bake
Spicy Chicken Lasagna
Chicken, Cheese, and Penne Pasta Bake
More Chicken Casserole Recipes
Main Recipe Index
Southern Food Home