This is an easy mozzarella chicken recipe. Chicken breast halves are cooked in butter then broiled with a topping of mushrooms and cheese.
It's a fabulous entree to make for a special dinner, but it's easy enough for an everyday family meal.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup flour for dredging
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Pound chicken breast halves until evenly thin. Dredge chicken with flour.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Cook chicken in butter for about 4 to 6 minutes on each side, until tender and cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a shallow baking dish; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet and sauté mushrooms until tender.
- Arrange mushroom slices on top of each piece of chicken; cover with a slice of cheese. Place remaining mushrooms around chicken.
- Place chicken breasts under a hot broiler until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with hot buttered pasta or rice.
Herb Baked Chicken Breasts
Creamy Chicken With Mushrooms
Easy Chicken Parmesan
Chile Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Slow Cooker
Roxanne's Boursin Chicken, Slow Cooker
Chicken Breast Recipes Index
50 Easy Chicken Recipes
Top 20 Chicken Breast Recipes