This is an easy mozzarella chicken recipe. Chicken breast halves are cooked in butter then broiled with a topping of mushrooms and cheese.
It's a fabulous entree to make for a special dinner, but it's easy enough for an everyday family meal.
Top 20 Chicken Breast Recipes
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup flour for dredging
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Pound chicken breast halves until evenly thin. Dredge chicken with flour.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Cook chicken in butter for about 4 to 6 minutes on each side, until tender and cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a shallow baking dish; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet and sauté mushrooms until tender.
- Arrange mushroom slices on top of each piece of chicken; cover with a slice of cheese. Place the remaining mushrooms around the chicken.
- Place chicken breasts under a hot broiler until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with hot buttered pasta or rice.