This easy baked chicken and broccoli divan casserole is topped with shredded cheese and crushed potato chips and baked to perfection. The chicken is poached and then it's cut up and baked with the broccoli with a flavorful and easy sauce. If you're short on time, feel free to use fully cooked refrigerated chicken strips or a rotisserie chicken.
The sauce and topping include mayonnaise, condensed soup, cheese, and potato chips.
Add a tossed salad and biscuits for a fabulous meal, or serve the dish with hot cooked rice or pasta.
You might also like this chicken divan casserole. It's a tasty alternative, and it includes cooked rice and sour cream.
- 2 packages broccoli (frozen, chopped; 10 ounces each)
- 6 chicken breast halves (boneless, skinless)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (reduced fat)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup potato chips (crushed, or another topping*)
- Cook broccoli until tender. Place chicken breasts in a large pan; cover with water and add Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer about 25 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease or spray a 3-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut chicken into chunks. Place broccoli in the casserole dish and then top it with the chicken pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the condensed soup, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese and potato chips over the top of the casserole. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
*Substitute French fried onions or about 1 cup of soft bread crumbs tossed with 2 tablespoons of melted butter.