You won't believe how quick and easy it is to prepare this delicious chicken Marsala recipe. This recipe contains boneless chicken breasts, some basil, and Marsala wine. This is an elegant dish for a family meal or special occasion. I prefer a dry Marsala wine in the dish, but feel free to use a sweet Marsala.
The chicken is wonderful served with hot cooked angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti and a tossed salad or green vegetables. For extra color and flavor, add a few sliced green onions or fresh chopped Italian parsley to the skillet near the end of the cooking time. This is a dish you'll make again and again!
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves without skin, about 5 ounces each*
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- Place a chicken breast half between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound gently to an even thickness of about 1/4 inch. Alternatively, if the chicken breasts are quite large, slice each one horizontally to make two cutlets. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and basil in a wide, shallow bowl; mix well.
- Heat the oil and butter in a heavy, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour mixture.
- Arrange the chicken in the skillet and cook until lightly browned on the first side, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn chicken and add mushrooms around the chicken pieces. Cook about 2 minutes longer, until lightly browned; stir the mushrooms.
- Add the Marsala wine to pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Serve this easy chicken with hot cooked pasta, mashed potatoes, or rice.
*If the chicken breast halves are large enough to make two cutlets, you might need only 2 or 3 for 4 servings.
You Might Also Like