The Bottom Line
Simply put, our test cats loved it, and I was impressed with the ingredients list.
- four fresh meat sources
- low magnesium for urinary tract health
- contains whole grain brown rice, which could trigger allergies in some cats
- four fresh meat sources: chicken, turkey, duck, and salmon
- calorie content: 3,922 kcal/kg (367 kcal/cup) metabolizable energy
- antioxidants: vitamin E, selenium, beta-carotene, and L-carnitine
Guide Review - Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul
Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul, the premium cat food with the fanciful name, has caused much excitement among feline enthusiasts. After several members of the About Cats Forum raved about this food, I decided to test it on my own GuideCats.
All four of our test cats love this food. I appreciated the manufacturer's integrity in not claiming "human grade meat." Coupled with a respectable list of ingredients, that's reason enough for this food to become a regular part of the feline diet in this household.