Delicious boneless chicken breasts are browned in the skillet then served with a wonderful and really easy cream cheese and Parmesan sauce.
Serve this simple chicken and Parmesan sauce with hot buttered noodles and sliced tomatoes for a meal your family will love.
- 4 to 6 chicken breast halves, boneless, without skin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1 cup (4 ounces) fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Put chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap or in a plastic food storage bag and gently pound to thin evenly.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until nicely browned and cooked through. Juices should run clear when the thickest part of a chicken breast is cut with a knife.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Saute the garlic and green onions for about 1 minute.
- Add the cream cheese, milk or half-and-half, and Parmesan cheese and heat until hot and smooth.
- Stir in pepper and salt, to taste.
- Ladle sauce over the chicken and garnish with parsley.
Also Try These Other Cheesy Chicken Breast Recipes