- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, red or green, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, drained
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) zesty chili style tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 to 6 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease a 2 1/2 to 3-quart casserole.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef in olive oil with the onion until onions are lightly browned and ground beef is no longer pink.
- Add the bell pepper and garlic and continue cooking, stirring, for about 2 to 3 minutes, until bell pepper is tender. Add pinto beans, tomatoes, chili powder, and cumin.
- Cook, stirring, until hot and bubbly.
- Break tortilla chips into smaller pieces and put about half of them in the bottom of the casserole. Spoon about half of the beef and bean mixture over the chips and sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Spoon the remaining beef and bean mixture over the cheese layer. Top with the remaining chips and cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese has melted.
Ground Beef Cornbread Casserole
Beef Enchilada Casserole
Texas Beef and Bean Bake
Beef Taco Casserole
Ground Beef Casserole with Noodles
Beef Casserole with Biscuits
Cheddar Beef Casserole
Dried Beef and Potato Casserole
Hamburger Casserole with Potatoes
Ground Beef Recipes
Crockpot Ground Beef Recipes