Not your momma's breakfast burrito! Who doesn't love bacon? Combine it with egg, cheese, and chipotle peppers and you've got an amazing breakfast on your hands!
These burritos are super easy to make and are only a few ingredients. The chipotle peppers make for a unique and spicy kick. You can also switch up the bacon with sausage or vegetarian crumbles! Beans can also be added! Pepper jack is the spiciest cheese choice, but shredded cheddar or Monterey jack are also delicious toppings! The chipotle peppers come in a small can and are usually packed in adobo sauce. Make sure to add in a bit of this sauce to your burrito! Other salsas can also be added. I like the chipotle with adobo, because it packs a lot of flavor without getting the burrito soggy. It is so great how versatile these burritos can be.
Check out this amazing scrambled egg recipe to put inside these burritos!
You can make them in giant batches, too! Double, triple, or quadruple the recipe! They can be wrapped and frozen. They are easily reheated in the microwave or toaster oven whenever you need them. They are perfect for bringing along to work or for a quick breakfast at home. They are also really inexpensive to make, so they are very budget friendly!
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium sized tortillas
- 4 slices of bacon, crumbled
- 1 finely chopped chipotle pepper with 1/2 teaspoon of adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar/monterey jack blend
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a pan.
- Whisk the four eggs until completely scrambled.
- Add the eggs to the pan and scramble until cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a tortilla out on a plate. Top each tortilla with half of the egg mixture. Split the bacon, cheese, and chipotle pepper between the two tortillas. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla over the top of the filling and start rolling. Fold in the sides and finish rolling until you have a beautifully rolled burrito!
- If freezing, wrap in tin foil or plastic wrap. It can be reheated in the oven, or wrapped in plastic wrap and reheated in the microwave!
- Freeze for up to 3 months! Take out and reheat when needed!