This spice rub has the great flavor of Chipotle peppers. Just make sure that the rub is finely ground before using it. Great on ribs, this rub brings just a touch of heat, but a lot of flavor.
- 2 dried Chipotle peppers (use 3 to heat it up a little)
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) dried cilantro leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cumin
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground dry orange peel
1. Combine all ingredients in a spice mill or blender and grind until even and fine. Store in an airtight jar. Will store for about 6 months in a cool, dry place. Use this rub on any cut of beef or pork ribs.
2. Apply rub evenly over ribs. The general rule is what sticks is the perfect amount.
Use this rub for:
- Barbecue Ribs on the Smoker
- Barbecue Ribs on a Charcoal Grill
- Barbecue Ribs on a Gas Grill
- Barbecue Ribs in the Oven