This chocolate banana cake is a layer cake made extra moist and flavorful with mashed ripe bananas in the batter.
Frost this delicious chocolate banana cake with chocolate frosting or a cream cheese frosting.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups mashed, ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream margarine and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat thoroughly after each addition.
- Stir in the cooled melted chocolate.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to the batter alternately with the mashed bananas; stir in vanilla.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch layer cake pans.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until cake tests done.
- Frost with a fluffy white frosting or chocolate sour cream frosting.
You Might Also Like