This chocolate banana smoothie recipe tastes just like a milkshake, yet it is far more nutritious. With a whopping 8 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber and 29% of the recommended daily requirement for calcium, this chocolate banana smoothie makes a terrific healthy snack. Parents will also like the fact that it's cheaper than commercial smoothies and doesn't have any protein powders or additives.
- Ice (about a handful or two)
- 2 large bananas
- 1-1/2 cups non-fat vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat or non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. chocolate hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- Place ice in the bottom of your blender or Vita Mix container. Use a handful or two, less if you want your smoothie to be more like a juice drink, more if you want it to be like a milkshake.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Puree until smooth. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings.
Per serving: 259 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 48 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 8 g protein, 10% vitamin A, 20% vitamin C, 29% calcium, 9% iron.
Fruit Smoothie Recipes
Berry Fruit Smoothies
Blueberry Fruit Smoothies
Cherry Vanilla Smoothies
Choco Cherry Berry Fruit Smoothies
Chocolate Cherry Smoothies
Chocolate Strawberry Smoothies
Lemon Blueberry Smoothies
Orange Creamsicle Smoothies
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Strawberry Smoothie Recipe