A fun chocolate chip banana bread recipe for the kids! Banana bread is the best way to use up overripe bananas, and this fun banana bread recipe adds chocolate chips for a little variation (the recipe calls for mini chocolate chips, but obviously any kind will do).
Made with sour cream to keep it extra moist and with just a few simple ingredients, this is an easy chocolate chip banana bread that everyone will love. I always like to sprinkle a bit of extra sugar on top of the banana bread batter just before baking it, because why not? It adds a little extra bit of delicious texture and flavor.
Chocolate chip banana bread recipe courtesy of Wheat Foods Council.
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream margarine and sugar together. Add eggs and beat until blended. Add sour cream and bananas; blend.
- Mix baking soda with flour and add to mixture. Beat on low setting until just mixed, do not over mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a 9 x 4 x 4-inch loaf pan, which has been sprayed with non-stick spray (may flour pan lightly).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let stand in pan about 5 minutes.
Makes about 12 slices of chocolate chip banana bread.
Each serving provides approximately 282 calories, 4 g protein, 45 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 10 g fat (3 g saturated), 39 mg cholesterol, 40 mcg folate, 1 mg iron, 190 mg sodium.