Here's a delicious chocolate chip cheesecake with a chocolate wafer cookie crumb crust and chocolate glaze topping.
The cheesecake is baked in a chocolate cookie crumb crust and extra chocolate chips and cream make up a delicious ganache.
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas Mark 4).
- Combine chocolate cookie crumbs and butter, stirring well. Firmly press mixture evenly over the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 5 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese at high speed of an electric hand-held mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir the vanilla and 2/3 cup of the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour mixture into crust. Bake for 40 minutes; turn oven off and leave oven door ajar.
- Leave cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Cover cheesecake and place it in the refrigerator. Chill the cheesecake for chill 8 hours.
- Melt the remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chips in top of double boiler; gradually stir in whipping cream. Stir over low heat until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat and spread over cheesecake. Chill thoroughly.
- Serves 10 to 12.
You Might Also Like